Welcome Summer! We want to help you stay cool and have an amazing Summer, one that is as free of stress as possible. No one wants to wake up to an AC that is no longer working or have battles with your thermostat in order to keep your home cool. Below are our top tips to keep you cool all summer long!
- The change of seasons is the perfect reminder to change your air filter! Filters that are dirty or clogged with dust and debris restrict airflow and inhibit your Air Conditioner’s ability to cool properly. The added bonus is that a clean filter will ensure that clean air is circulating throughout your home.
- If you have not already done so, schedule your annual maintenance. You can save yourself an emergency service call by getting ahead of an issue before they turn into full-blown problems. We have made annual maintenance easier with the WK Comfort Club. Membership includes full maintenance of your unit and other perks that include:
- 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty on All Repairs
- Priority Service & Emergency Services at No Additional Charge
- 15% Discount on Repairs
- 10% Discount on Additional Maintenance Agreements
- Discounted Diagnostic Charge
- Customer Assurance Pricing
- Take a walk outside to be sure that your outdoor unit isn’t blocked by overgrown bushes or debris. In general, you want an area of clear space about 2 feet around the unit.
- Overuse can lead to the breakdown of an air conditioning system. One way to prevent that is to install a programmable thermostat. Not only will it help you schedule your AC use by automatically lowering the temperature before you leave the house for the day, but you can also save up to 30% on your energy bills!
We would like to add one more tip that could help you to keep stress away this Summer, and it’s not related to your cooling system.
Consider installing a Kohler automatic standby generator. This month marked the official start of Hurricane season and unfortunately, weather experts like the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) have indicated that single and multi-day weather instances are on the rise. Summer storms can cause local power outages that last several days.
Generators are a great thing to have when the power goes out! WK mechanical is a Kohler Dealer and we would be happy to offer sound advice about the type of generator that would work for your needs.
If you live in the Hudson Valley and want to talk to us about any of the tips listed above, please give us a call! We can set up an appointment for annual maintenance, answer any questions you may have about
programmable thermostats, or discuss the installation of an automatic standby generator. So give us a call at 845.764.9974!