When the weather turns warm, you want to be sure your air conditioner will be ready to keep your family cool. The last thing you want it to flip the switch on your AC unit to gain some relief from a humid day to find that there is no cool air flowing! An AC unit that has sat out through winter, spring and fall will need some TLC to run in peak condition. We can help!
Tips To Get Your AC Ready, From Your Heating & Cooling Comfort Pros:
- Replace the air filters in your HVAC system. Do it now before the season begins and keep it up throughout the season every month or so. Failure to do so will mean your system has to work harder to keep you cool and means you will be re-circulating dust particles as your system runs.
- Clear the area around your outdoor AC unit. If any vegetation has grown up around your unit, you will want to cut it back because your condenser needs at least 3 feet clearance to ensure it will work properly.
- Clear any debris or leaves that may have fallen in or around your condenser unit.
- Take a look at the pad under your unit. If it is not level, your unit may have to work harder to keep your home cool.
- Check the copper refrigerant lines that lead from your outdoor unit. If you see any insulation that is frayed or missing you may need to have it replaced.
We care about you and want to help you make sure that when you need it your AC is ready to keep you and your family cool. If your AC is an older model or you don’t feel comfortable taking care of the maintenance items yourself, WK Mechanical can take care of this for you. You might even consider membership in the WK Comfort Club. Annual Maintenance is a great way to keep your systems running in peak condition all year long! For more information visit our website: The WK Comfort Club.
Additional AC Thoughts:
- If you are looking to save money on your utility bills (and save energy at the same time) a WiFi thermostat might be worth considering.
- If you are concerned about the quality of air you are breath, you might want to consider having a UV light installed. A UV light purifies the air in your home by preventing the growth and spread of mold, mildew and bacteria. They have been shown to reduce the concentration of airborne microorganisms by as much as 50%.
Right now WK Mechanical is offering both of these items FREE for a limited time with qualified AC installations. If you want more information, please give us a call at 845-342-8133.