When the calendar flips to June for many it’s time to celebrate because that means that SUMMER is almost here!! But not everyone is a fan of summer and the warmer temperatures this season brings. If you are worried about keeping cool this summer, we’ve got some tips for you!
- Close your curtains, shades, or blinds. Blinds, curtains, and shades block not only light but are also effective at blocking heat which will help your AC from having to work too hard.
- Use ceiling fans. Ceiling fans are great for helping to circulate air and help rooms your family is occupying feel cooler.
- Turn off the lights. Lights give off heat. Turn off lights that are not needed and be sure to turn them off when you are leaving a room.
- Grill when you can. Cooking inside generates a lot of heat which makes your ac work harder to keep your home cool. Take advantage of nice weather and do your cooking outside on the grill!
- Use your programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat can offer homeowners savings of as much as 30% on their energy bills. If you are going to be away from home for an extended period, be sure to raise the temperature by a few degrees. The good news that you can lower the temperature a few degrees before you come home so you will be nice and cool.
- Hang out on lower floors – Heat rises so as much as you are able, hang out on the lower levels of your home.
- Replace your filters. Replacing your filters every few months is a great way to help your ac work more effectively to keep your home cool.
- Have Your AC Serviced. An AC system that is maintained annually, has proper levels of refrigerant and all duct connections secure will run more efficiently. If you have not already done so, schedule your regular maintenance today.
If you need help keeping your home cool this summer, give us a call. A member of our team will be standing by to help you in any way we can!