March 26, 2023
As the weather starts to warm, you may find yourself considering if it is time to upgrade your Central Air Conditioner. Is it time to bite the bullet and invest in a whole new system, or with a little TLC, can you make do with your current system?
We’ve compiled a list of 5 questions designed to help make the decision easier:
- How old is your current system? If your answer is less than 10 years, making repairs may be the way to go. Older systems (those more than 10 years old) may run on out-of-date refrigerants that are harmful to the environment.
- How Often Are You Calling For Repairs? If you have called for repairs more than 2 times in the last 10 years, consider having it replaced. A good rule of thumb is that if the repair needed equals a cost that is more than 25% of the cost for a brand-new system, an upgrade may be a smart move.
- Are Your Monthly Utility Bills Continually Increasing? If you have seen an increase of more than 10%, upgrading your system may be worth it in the long run. Newer Air Conditioning systems are more energy efficient.
- Does Your AC Adequately Cool Your Home? If you find that some rooms do not get as cool as others, your current system may not be sized properly for your home and an upgrade may be a good idea to keep your entire family comfortable!
- Is Saving Energy Important To You? Newer Air Conditioning systems are more energy efficient. Not only are they better for the environment, but they can also provide significant savings on your monthly utility bills. If saving energy is a priority for you, then it may be time to have a conversation about upgrading your Central Air Conditioning system.
If you have taken the time to answer all the questions above and still aren’t sure what the best option for you is, we encourage you to give us a call! We offer free in-home comfort consultations that provide you with an honest assessment of your home. Together we can help you come up with a solution that will keep you and your family in comfort all summer long! Find out more on our website.
Categories: Cooling, Indoor Comfort