Hurricane season is in full swing! Between Henri last month and Ida this week, our area is seeing a fair amount of rain. Stormy weather, such as a hurricane or tropical storm brings heavy rains and wind can lead to power outages. A power outage is a minor inconvenience for some but can be life-threatening for others. There are several advantages to installing an Automatic Standby Generator, so we think it makes sense to do your research and take steps to weather any storm that comes your way! Below are our top reasons to consider installing a generator at your home or business.
- An automatic standby generator will help you to be well prepared for emergencies. They kick on within seconds of a power outage.
- You can size them so that they provide power to your entire home or a few key spaces such as the kitchen, bathroom, and home office.
- If you have a sump pump in your basement to prevent water damage, when the power goes out, your home becomes at risk.
- You can stop having to throw out food after the power has been out for an extended period of time! A generator will keep your refrigerator running.
- Any well pump or water filtration system will continue to provide your family with clean, safe, running water during a power outage when it is hooked up to a generator.
- You no longer have to worry about any family members who need medical equipment that runs on electricity. A generator keeps the power on!
- Potential buyers see a standby generator as a big perk, so it increases your property value.
- Some insurance providers give discounts when a home has a whole-house generator installed so you can save money too!
Leave It To The Professionals – An important thought from your Heating & Cooling Comfort Pros!
When it comes to installing a generator, we would strongly advise that you seek the help of a professional. There are many factors to consider when it comes to selecting the right size and type of generator. Deciding whether you need a whole house generator that keeps your entire home running during a power outage or opting to supply power to the more essential circuits such as your furnace, kitchen, garage door openers, well pump, water heater, and a few key lights can be complicated. You also need to factor in the size of your home’s electrical system.
If you are considering installing a generator, we can help! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We are proud specialists for Kohler Standby Generators and would love to help your home become more prepared for emergencies!