The official first day of winter is coming. While we have already experienced a bit of snow and some cold weather that got us snuggling under blankets with hot cocoa, we can expect that there will be more of that in the months ahead. This means we have entered the time of year when heating costs begin to rise. So how can we keep our family comfortable during winter while maintaining reasonable utility costs? We’ve got some ideas for you!
Money Saving Tips From Your Heating & Cooling Comfort Pros:
- Understand your HVAC System – Whether you heat your home with a gas boiler, gas furnace, or electric heat pump, understanding the mechanics of your appliance can go a long way in how you care for it in the long run. Read through instruction manuals and if you have any questions on general upkeep, feel free to give your WK Service Professional a call.
- Get regular HVAC maintenance – Just like a car, your heating system needs to stay well maintained and in proper working order. A poorly running furnace can cost you in the long run. By joining our Comfort Club, we will make sure everything is in tip-top working condition for those cold winter months ahead. Our professionals will make sure each part of your unit is running as it should and they will recommend any repairs or part replacements (with discounts because membership has its privileges).
- Replace filters regularly – In order to get the best air quality and to ensure your system runs as efficiently as possible, you will want to make sure you replace your filters frequently. At least every 3 months. The more efficiently the unit runs, the lower your bills will run.
- Control the temperature – Set your thermostat to the lowest temperature you can and still be comfortable. It is a good idea to turn it down even lower when everyone is snuggled up under blankets for the night or when you are headed out of town. Every degree helps! Just being aware and controlling the temperature setting can have a big impact on what you pay each month. With the availability of programmable and even smart thermostats, setting your home on a regular temperature cycle that you don’t have to think about can translate into a lot of savings.
- Prevent unnecessary heat loss – From closing the fireplace flue when not in use to caulking drafty cracks, there are a multitude of ways you can fix drafts. Just like you wouldn’t leave a window or the front door open, open spaces anywhere in your home can allow heat to escape and cold air to be an uninvited guest. Additionally, you may find that some added insulation in the coldest parts of your home will do wonders to lower costs and make winter living more comfortable.
Just because the temperature outside is dropping, doesn’t mean that your utility costs should have to break the bank. We want to help you make sure your HVAC system is running in peak condition! Annual Maintenance is a great way to keep your systems running efficiently all year long.
Find out more about our Annual Maintenance Agreement called The WK Comfort Club. Visit our website: The WK Comfort Club to read all about it, and then Join the Club! Or give us a call at (845) 447-3347, we’d be happy to schedule service or answer any questions you may have!