We’ve had a few glimpses of warmer weather so far this season and with spring right around the corner, we thought it would be helpful to offer our favorite tips for getting your home and your Air Conditioning system ready!
To make sure your HVAC system is prepped and ready, take these steps:
- While it is best to change your air filters every 90 days, if you aren’t in this practice, use the changing of seasons as motivation to check this item off the list.
- Take a walk outside and clear any debris that has collected in and around your outdoor air conditioning unit.
- Give your AC a test run. If you hear any strange noises or unusual odors emitting from it, give us a call so that we can rule out any malfunctions.
- Be sure the space around your HVAC equipment is clear. Not only is clutter around HVAC equipment a fire hazard, but clutter can also make your unit run less efficiently.
- Get on our calendar for scheduled maintenance of your air conditioning unit. If you are not yet a member of the WK Comfort Club, you can find out more information here.
- It’s also a great time to check your windows to make sure they are in working order. Open and close them and double-check the weather stripping to ensure it is still intact.
Additional Spring-Cleaning Tips From Your Heating & Cooling Comfort Pros:
- Test your Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors and replace the batteries.
- Make sure you have a fully charged fire extinguisher on every floor of your home.
- Clean your drier of lint, not just the filter but also the vent hose.
- Check the hoses on your washing machine for any signs of wear.
- Double-check your kitchen & bath caulking for cracks.
- If you can safely do so, check your roof for loose or damaged shingles.
- Clean your gutters & downspouts so water can continue to be diverted away from your house.
- Remove any damaged tree branches that are close to your home, fence, or other structures.
We care about you and your family’s comfort! While it may seem premature to think about turning on your Air Conditioning, an HVAC system that is prepped and ready will save you some stress once summer begins to make it a necessity! If we can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.