As we turn the corner into March, it’s the perfect time to begin thinking about Spring cleaning and preparing your home for the new season ahead. As you begin making your plans, be sure that part of that preparation includes your HVAC system. It can be easy to slip into Spring, turn your heat off and assume that everything will be working fine when those hot months finally arrive. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Spring is a GREAT time to prep your Air Conditioning system so that any issues can be addressed prior to the arrival of warmer temperatures.
To Get Your HVAC System Ready You Can:
- Change Your Air Filters – Changing air filters is recommended for 90 days for the health and longevity of your HVAC system. Use the change in seasons as a prompt to make sure your air filters are replaced.
- Test Your Air Conditioning – While you may not need it, now is a good time, to give your Air Conditioning a test run. Pay attention to its effectiveness and note any strange noises or odors. Should any of those occur, give us a call!
- Clean Up Debris Around Your Outdoor Unit – Clean up any debris that has collected near your outdoor AC unit and its coils. Leaves and debris can easily get inside your unit and cause problems.
- Schedule HVAC Maintenance – If you are not already a part of the WK Comfort Club (link), you might want to give us a call and schedule a maintenance visit. We will clean your unit and let you know if there is anything that is in need of repair. This is another way to stay ahead of small problems and keep your HVAC system running in peak condition!
The WK Comfort Club is an annual maintenance program that offers annual maintenance on a variety of systems (AC, Heat Pumps, Gas & Oil Heating, Water Heaters, Water Treatment Systems, Humidifiers and Air Purification Systems) as well as discounts & warranties on repairs, priority scheduling and discounted diagnostic charges.
- Get A Programmable Thermostat – A programmable thermostat will help you monitor the temperature in your home and can also help you to save money on your utility bills!
- Take A Closer Look At Your Windows – It’s also a great time to check your windows to make sure they are in working order. Open and close them and double-check the weather stripping to ensure it is intact.
- Give Serious Thought To A System Upgrade – As a New York State Clean Heat Participating Contractor, we have helped customers throughout the Hudson Valley make the transition from fossil fuels to clean energy by upgrading their HVAC system to energy-efficient heat pumps. Heat Pumps work to both heat and cool your home. With the rebates that are currently available from partnering utility companies as well as the federal tax credit that is currently available, it’s certainly worth considering.
We care about you and your family’s comfort! While it may seem premature to think about turning on your Air Conditioning, an HVAC system that is prepped and ready will save you some stress once summer begins to make it a necessity! If we can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.