Once the kids are ready to head back to school, it means that Fall is just around the corner! Autumn’s arrival means there is a lot to look forward to, but it also means that the heating season is just around the corner. With fuel prices through the roof, it’s more important than ever that your HVAC system is running smoothly.
WK Mechanical wants to help get your home ready so here are a few of our top tips to get your home ready for the upcoming season:
- The most important tip we can offer is to make sure you HVAC system in running in peak condition. Annual Maintenance is a great way to keep your systems running efficiently and The WK Comfort Club is a great way to do just that. Find out more on our website and then join the club The WK Comfort Club!
- The change of seasons is a great time to replace the air filters in all your HVAC equipment including your humidifier.
- Test your Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors and replace the batteries. Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detectors in good working order help to keep your family safe from harm.
- Clear the space around your indoor HVAC equipment. Not only is clutter around HVAC equipment a fire hazard, but it can also make your units run less efficiently.
- Take a minute and turn on your heaters. Check for unusual noises or odors coming from your furnace.
- Make an appointment to have your chimney cleaned and/or inspected.
- Clean your dryer of lint, not just the filter but also the vent hose. Dryer lint is one of the leading causes of house fires, so making sure your dryer is free of as much lint as possible is important.
- Make sure you have a fully charged fire extinguisher on every floor of your home and make sure everyone in your home knows how to use it.
- Check your boiler for leaks. Take care of small leaks as soon as you become aware of them to avoid a small issue from becoming a big one.
- Examine your window and door seams for cracks in the caulking. If you find old or dried out caulking, you may want to have it replaced. This will help to prevent drafts and save you money on your utility bills.
- Clean around the outside HVAC units. There should be 2 – 3 feet of space without any trees or shrubbery.
- Covering your outside equipment. Debris and critters can get inside the unit and cause considerable damage.
- Check to be sure that the wrapping around any exposed pipes is intact. If it is worn, torn, or missing, have it replaced.
- Survey your roof for damage. If you can safely do so, check your roof for loose or damaged shingles and call in a professional to make any repairs.
- Clean your gutters & downspouts. Remove any debris so that all water can be properly diverted away from your home.
One of the best tips we can offer is to consider converting to Clean Heat by installing a Heat Pump.
Converting to a heat pump system brings you a lot of advantages. Heat Pumps are designed to provide both Heating & Cooling providing year-round comfort. You’ll also get lower energy costs, better air quality, cleaner energy, and increased safety. You can also take advantage of some amazing financing offers and rebates. Find out more on our website: https://wkmechanical.com/heat-pump-services/