Before we know it, beautiful fall colors will be decorating our trees and pumpkin spice will be everywhere! We wanted to offer our thoughts on making sure your home is ready for the season that we all love…Fall.
Fall Clean Up Tips From Your Heating & Cooling Comfort Pros:
- Take a minute and turn on your heaters. Check for unusual noises or odors coming from your furnace.
- Check your boiler for leaks. Take care of small leaks as soon as you become aware of them to avoid a small issue from becoming a big one.
- Test your Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors and replace the batteries. Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detectors in good working order help to keep your family safe from harm.
- Be sure the space around your indoor HVAC equipment is clear. Not only is clutter around HVAC equipment a fire hazard, it can also make your units run less efficiently.
- The change of seasons is a great time to replace the air filters in all your HVAC equipment including your humidifier.
- Wipe down all of your ducts to make sure they are free of dust and debris.
- Make sure you have a fully charged fire extinguisher on every floor of your home.
- Clean your dryer of lint, not just the filter but also the vent hose. Dryer lint is one of the leading causes of house fires, so making sure your dryer is free of as much lint as possible is important.
- If you have been concerned with the rating of your insulation or you had been making plans to add some, now is the time to check that off your to-do list.
- Examine your window and door seams for cracks in the caulking. If you find old or dried out caulking, you may want to have it replaced. This will help to prevent drafts and save you money on your utility bills.
- Clean around the outside HVAC units. There should be 2 – 3 feet of space without any trees or shrubbery.
- Consider covering your outside equipment. Debris and critters can get inside the unit and cause considerable damage.
- Check to be sure that the wrapping around any exposed pipes is intact. If it is worn, torn, or missing, have it replaced.
- Make an appointment to have your chimney cleaned and/or inspected.
- Survey your roof for damage. If you can safely do so, check your roof for loose or damaged shingles and call in a professional to make any repairs.
- Clean your gutters & downspouts. Remove any debris so that all water can be properly diverted away from your home.
We care about you and want to help you make sure your HVAC system is running in peak condition. Annual Maintenance is a great way to keep your systems running efficiently all year long. Find out more about our Annual Maintenance Agreement called The WK Comfort Club. Visit our website: The WK Comfort Club to read all about it and then Join the Club!