Warmer days are ahead, and if you are like us here at WK, you’re more than ready! Now is the perfect time to ensure that your HVAC system is ready too. It can be easy to slip into Spring, turn your heat off and assume that all systems are a go for those hot months ahead. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Now is the optimal time to prep your Air Conditioning system so that any issues that arise can be addressed prior to the onslaught of summer heat.
Below is a list of the kinds of things you can do to prep your system:
1. Change your filters – Changing filters should be done several times a year for the health and longevity of your HVAC system. Use the change in seasons as a prompt to make sure your air filters are replaced. Clean filters will ensure that you are getting clean air efficiently circulating throughout your home.
2. Test your air conditioning – While you may not be ready to turn on the cooler air indefinitely, now is a good time, to give everything a test run. As you run the AC, pay attention to cooling effectiveness, normal cycling and note any strange noises or odors. Should any of those occur, give us a call!
3. Clean up debris – Get outside and clean up any debris that’s collected near the unit or coils. Leaves and debris can get into your unit and cause problems.
4. Schedule HVAC maintenance – If you are not part of the WK Comfort Club, you might want to give us a call and schedule maintenance. We will clean your unit and let you know if there is anything that needs to be repaired and schedule a time to do the work. This helps you to stay ahead of little problems before they become big problems!
5. Get a programmable thermostat – A programmable thermostat will help you monitor the temperature in your home and can also help you to save money on your utility bills!
Getting these 5 items checked off your to-do list is a great start to getting your home ready for Spring! Being ready ahead of the peak heat of the season gives you more time for relaxing poolside!
Want more information about joining the WK Comfort Club? Click Here. Not only does membership include full maintenance of your unit, but you also receive other privileges including:
- 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty on All Repairs Priority Service & Emergency Services at No Additional Charge
- 15% Discount on Repairs 10% Discount on Additional Maintenance Agreements
- Discounted Diagnostic Charge
- Customer Assurance Pricing & More!