Spring is almost here and as many people gear up to do some Spring Cleaning, we wanted to offer our thoughts on making sure your home is ready for all that springtime can bring your way.
Spring Cleaning Tips From Your Heating & Cooling Comfort Pros:
- Replace the air filters in your HVAC system. Not only will this prolong the life of your HVAC system, it will keep the air circulating in your home cleaner.
- Be sure the space around your HVAC equipment is clear. Not only is clutter around HVAC equipment a fire hazard, clutter can also make your units run less efficiently.
- Test your Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors and replace the batteries. Smoke & Carbon Monoxide detectors in good working order help to keep your family safe from harm.
- Make sure you have a fully charged fire extinguisher on every floor of your home.
- Clean your drier of lint, not just the filter but also the vent hose. Dryer lint is one of the leading causes of house fires, so making sure your drier is free of as much lint as possible is important.
- Check the hoses on your washing machine for any signs of wear and if you still have rubber hoses, it may be time to upgrade to braided steel hoses.
- Double check your kitchen & bath caulking for cracks. Water spreads quickly causing thousands of dollars in damage, doing all you can to keep water contained in the spaces it is intended to stay is smart.
- Open and close all windows and make sure they open easily. If they don’t, check the weather stripping.
- Examine your window and door seams for cracks in the caulking. If you find old or dried out caulking, you may want to have it replaced. This will keep out the humidity in the summer and save you money on your utility bills.
- Survey your roof for damage. If you can safely do so, check your roof for loose or damaged shingles and call in a professional to make any repairs.
- Clean your gutters & downspouts. Remove any debris so that all water can be properly diverted away from your home.
- Remove and clear away any damaged tree branches that are close to your home, fence or other structures. Taking care of this prior to the start of the storm season can prevent damage to your home and the need to file a claim.
We care about you and want to help you make sure your HVAC system is running in peak condition. If you want to go all-in on your Spring Cleaning, you might consider membership in the WK Comfort Club. Annual Maintenance is a great way to keep your systems running efficiently all year long so Join The Club! For more information visit our website: The WK Comfort Club.